Friday, January 18, 2013

SUCH IS LIFE

We
come into this world
someone’s dream come true
meet someone
that is a dream come true
escape danger
rise above threats
beat the odds
run into old friends
lose and win jobs
so many turning points
just in the nick of time
a dream come true.
in one moment all of our past has passed
the sand hill we were climbing has declined
the land of our dreams is flat
everything now unconditional
those remaining in this world of dreams wait for the news
a final word
a last breath
death closes the door of this dream
make a grand entrance into the next world
hoping
we are our own
dream come true




FATHER

I
am the father
who was the son
My day is upon me.
In my hands are the obligations
the working tools of manhood passed on to me.
Just before sunrise I meditate
HaHiYa speak wisdom to me.
When my wife looks at me let love shine
When my children call
let a smile be on their face
I
am the father
who was the son.
Now I am a citizen
son of my people
son of a nation
I carry iron
the work men must do
I pray for the fathers that fight to keep us free
The word love beats on my chest
Across my shoulders is a harness
like my father I must learn to pull my weight
Carry the water of life
until my days are done
Embracing both sorrow and joy
arms on the same body
at night just after moonrise
I gather my family
hold them for just a little while
tell them what I know of wisdom
I
am the father
who once was the child
I
am the father
who was the son

No comments: