Sunday, August 19, 2007

CRY OF BEAUTY

CRY OF BEAUTY POSE FINGER 2 (1996 by hzal)

I HEAR CHILDREN CRYING IN THE WORLD
I HEAR CHILDREN DYING IN THE WORLD
I close my fist with my baby fingers standing alone
I had a dream I ran across the planet
I saw children carrying weapons of war
I saw disease and sickness
I saw viruses,
the pus of poison oozing from holes
their bellies swollen from hunger
I saw boys in gangs never knowing the hand of love
I saw girls vibrating to gyrating music
interviews and advertisements slipping off their clothes
making beauty into a visionary beast
sex and nudity underneath
the mind of men switching while walking
watching women switching while walking
boys lusting with a child’s mind
going up steps behind men sex and nudity underneath
around the corner someone extra ordinary someone abnormal
I saw a world of glamour and science fiction wizardry
living without spiritual fear
the eye of God is a recorder
the length of children will be measured
observe what men do to a generation sent as another gift
what sounds will come from the earth
when boys heads become men's minds
if they realize they were not taught to love
waking from dreams of murder and atrocities
men and women dead before they were born
will they commit murder and atrocities
in a world with fallen trees and howling winds and a starving sun
what sound will come from the earth
when these children become old
will they look at their baby finger and raise them in protest
knowing what they too have done
make a fist and raise your baby finger
for the children in this world are crying and dying
one by one
one by one

No comments: